We support US companies expanding into Japan.
Please feel free to contact us regarding international inheritance procedures and other services as well.

Our services include:

1. Corporations

  • Establishing branch offices and subsidiaries.
  • Monthly operations such as bookkeeping, salary calculation, etc.
  • Preparation of corporate income tax returns and other tax declaration forms.

2. Individuals

Even if you do not live in Japan, you may need to file a tax return in Japan if you have income from real
estates or other incomes.

3. Inheritance / gift

If the decedent/donor or heir/donee had an address in Japan within the past 10 years, or if the
inherited/donated property is in Japan, a tax return is required in Japan.

4. Consumption/Sales/Value-added tax

Even if you do not have a base in Japan, corporations and individuals who operate businesses that provide
services to consumers in Japan using the Internet are required to file a consumption tax return.
There are certain requirements such as sales amount, so please contact us for details.
Examples of services that need tax filing

  • Distribution of e-books, e-newspapers, music, videos, various application software.
  • Cloud services that provide software and databases.
  • Services that provide storage for customers’ electronic data.
  • BtoB/BtoC/CtoC -EC services, such as internet auctions, flea markets, online shopping.
  • Any other IaaS/PaaS/SaaS
  • Distribution/posting of advertisement
  • Reservations for accommodation or restaurants
  • English conversation classes, etc.

5. Tax Agent

If you have tax obligations in Japan but do not have an address or a permanent establishment in Japan,
you need to identify a tax agent and notify it to the government.

For further information, please contact us: english-tax-services@seast-m.or.jp